5 Best Free Alternatives To Outlook in 2018

Posted by Christin on June 10, 2018

Microsoft Outlook has made its reputation as a comprehensive email client loaded with features, settings and extras that make it a powerful application. However, unless you’re a super user that can invest a significant amount of time and patience into mastering the email app and all of its features, it’s probably way more than you need. It can be overwhelming when you try to navigate an email client with a user interface packed with extra features. For this reason, people who only need basic email client capabilities, such as email and tasks/calendar, are searching for less complex alternatives to Outlook. Plus, many of the alternatives we are about to share are also free—or at the very least, less expensive than the $100+ Outlook price tag for the app.

If you’re looking for a simpler interface, but still require some of the main Outlook features, we’ve included a list of email applications to consider below.

Top Alternatives to Outlook

1. Mailbird

If the complicated layout and user interface is your biggest qualm with Outlook, then Mailbird is definitely one of the best alternatives to Outlook out there. Mailbird is designed around the user—a clean user interface, an intuitive user experience and simple design that allows for quick navigation through the app. It’s because of this that most people can master the application within 5 minutes, whereas Outlook can take days or longer to get used to.

A common concern of those not familiar with Mailbird is that it doesn’t have as many features as Outlook. This is not the case. In fact, in many ways, Mailbird’s features are more sophisticated than Outlook’s, and they are delivered in a way that doesn’t clutter or complicate your experience using the app. Some of the most popular features are listed below.

alternatives to outlook
Mailbird Inbox with WhatsApp in the sidebar

Key Mailbird Features:

• Integrate with third party apps, including messaging apps (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp), task management (e.g., Todoist, Evernote, Asana), Google Calendar, and more.
  • Integrate all of your email accounts into one user interface using Unified Inbox with color indicators.
  • Reply to emails in-line with automatically color-coded formatting and name.
  • Personalize your inbox with layout and color theme customization.
  • Search for attachments using keywords and preview attachments before downloading.
  • Snooze emails or correspondence from a particular person until you’re ready to respond.
  • Connect your email to LinkedIn to lookup your contacts on the networking platform.
  • Free/Lite and Pro versions available at a low cost.

“I’ve purchased Mailbird for my old mother as well, as it’s easy to use. She’s not in anyway computer savvy, but last weekend I actually got an email from her – the first ever, imagine my (very pleasant) surprise! 🙂 For me Mailbird is a keeper – easy to use and most importantly easy to configure!! My 80 year old mom is a testament to that.” Lars – May 12.

Mailbird is a lightweight alternative to Outlook. Give it a free try now.

Get Mailbird Free

2. Gmail

As far as brand names go, Gmail and Outlook are equally recognizable. Gmail is one of the most popular email clients around, but it has a distinct difference from Outlook and the other alternatives on this list—it’s primarily a web-based email client. There are some obvious advantages to web mail: you can access it from anywhere and on any computer, and you won’t need to install a separate app. However, some disadvantages include not being able to access your email offline and less features and functionalities than a desktop app.

alternatives to outlook

Key Gmail Features:

• Integrated with popular Google apps, such as Google Drive, Google Calendar and Google Photo.
  • Customizable themes and layouts to organize your email your way.
  • Inbox sorting based on message type, such as inbox, promotional and social.
  • Labels and filters to sort and organize your email communication.
  • Advanced inbox searching features.
  • Free to use.

3. eM Client

eM Client is on the opposite end of the spectrum from Outlook as far as user interface and experience goes. It offers a simple, user-friendly design that is not complicated by too many bells and whistles. The layout is also customizable to your preferences, which makes the experience even easier on the user. It has a built-in calendar and instant messaging app, and it supports all the main email provider (e.g., Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, etc.).

alternatives to outlook

Key EmClient Features:

• Built-in calendar that integrates tasks and to-do lists.
  • Contact manager that includes communication history and a merge feature for sync contacts from various addresses.
  • Real-time chat function with the ability to send attachments instantly.
  • Contact and attachment search function.
  • Free option available, with Pro upgrade.

4. Thunderbird

Mozilla Thunderbird is very commonly cited as one of the best alternatives to Outlook because of its advanced customization. While it had many of the standard features, there are also tons of add-ons you can install to expand its capabilities. One of the most popular benefits of Thunderbird is its strong security system. For those concerned with privacy, Thunderbird allows for email encryption.

alternatives to outlook

Key Thunderbird Features:

• Highly customizable with robust add-on library.
  • Advanced security features and email encryption.
  • Instant messaging function included.
  • Import/export features.
  • Integrated RSS management.
  • Free to use.

5. Windows Mail

The Windows Mail app is a contender for an Outlook alternative due to its simple setup and use. While it won’t have as many features as the other email clients on this list, it comes with a Window 10 operating system, and therefore requires much less effort to start using. Windows Mail is best for people with simple needs, focusing primarily on basic email communication. (Note: If you are not a Windows user, the nearly identical alternative on Mac would be Apple Mail.)

alternatives to outlook

Key Features of Windows Mail:

• Easy to setup and use.
  • Sleek, simple user interface with minimal interference from complex features.
  • Support for iCloud, Office365, Exchange, POP/IMPA and more.
  • Free to use with Windows operating system.

Conclusion

While Microsoft Outlook is a professional-grade email client—mostly used for business or super email users—it’s not for everyone. But you may not be aware of all the other alternatives out there or why you should choose something else. Hopefully this list provides you with some new options to consider for your email client.

What Microsoft Outlook alternatives have you tried or considered? Tell us about your experience in the comments!

Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in June 2015 and has been revamped and updated in 2016 and 2018 for accuracy and comprehensiveness.

You might also like...

120 thoughts on "5 Best Free Alternatives To Outlook in 2018"

• Without Exchange support you can’t expect enterprise users to switch.

• tropicaltech says:

Hi Matteo, thanks for the message! You can use Exchange with IMAP 🙂

• Maarten Kossen says:

The whole reason why people use Outlook is because it support Exchange/Office365 ActiveSync which syncs not only e-mail, but also contacts and calendars. While I agree that MailBird is a much nicer product that Outlook, it’s by no means a replacement yet for enterprise users.

For now, eM Client is the way to go for people that want a viable Outlook replacement.

• Ben Smith says:

Agreed! Also “Exchange with IMAP” only works if the IT department enables (or doesn’t disable) this. Unfortunately, mine does not allow this, disallowing many mail clients. Even DavMail wasn’t able to get everything. I would happily pay for Exchange support.

• tropicaltech says:

Yes that is true, and if they permit it…its literally the switch of a button. Really easy for the IT dept to do to turn on IMAP support for the Exchange server. Not to worry, we will be looking at development of exchange support later down the road 🙂

• Maarten Kossen says:

I’d happily pay [more] for Exchange support. Meanwhile, I’ll have an attempt at convincing my IT dept to switch to Google Apps. I doubt it’s going to happen any time soon, though.

• Frederik Moreau says:

Has this problem already been addressed in the further development of the product ? I’m also very keen of the functionality and design. I was using thunderbird, but because of a new job, I have gotten an exhange server e-mail.

• Russell Wiley says:

How much later down the road? It’s been 2 years since you made this comment. Even though I got it to sync with IMAP, I still can’t send any mail because it wants to use SMTP. At least that is what it looks like. Can you exchange or not? Personal opinion. These days, no 3rd party mail client should even launch their product without at least partial Exchange Support to send and receive mail out of box. It’s too prevalent. Who even uses POP anymore?

• Christin Baumgarten says:

Hey Russell, thanks for your feedback. Exchange support is the next big thing on our roadmap. Once we have the exact release date we will make sure to announce it:-)

• Yeah I would like Enterprise Exchange Support as well. With no ETA I’ll end up moving on and probably not come back. Too bad, the client looked good. I would have paid more to use it.

• Gary Simpson says:

I purchased Mailbird quite a while back, used it for about a month before I got a new job where they use Exchange and do not support IMAP. I stopped using Mailbird and started using EMClient. Once Exchange support is implemented I will switch back to Mailbird. I’d hoped it might be supported by now, but alas , it isn’t. I’d like to use it now, but don’t want to have use two email applications. 🙁

• Christin Baumgarten says:

Thanks for reaching out Gary. We have good news for you. Exchange will be supported by the end of September:-) So not too long anymore. What license did you purchase for Mailbird?

• Gary Simpson says:

Thanks for the update. I have a lifetime license.

• Christin Baumgarten says:

I see:-) We would have loved to extend your Pro licence but the lifetime licence wont expire 😉 Please reach out to us should you have any other questions:-) Have a great week:-)

• I’ve had to stop using Mailbird despite having a pro license because I’ve been waiting for Outlook support as well. I would love an extension to my pro license.

• Christin Baumgarten says:

Hey, thanks for reaching out. What Outlook support are you exactly referring to?

• Apologies. What I am asking for is native support for Exchange accounts. My employer does not support Exchange with IMAP.

• Christin Baumgarten says:

No worries:-) Yes, we will support Exchange by the end of this quarter. So in about 2 weeks time from now:-)

• Still waiting on the feature! Any updates?

• Christin Baumgarten says:

We are currently testing it and if it works as planned we should be able to release it within the next 2 weeks:-)

• any changes yet?

• Christin Baumgarten says:

Hey Jens, yes, we ran into a few bugs and therefore had to reschedule the launch to the end of December at the latest.

• Christin, Are you still on target for the end of December?

• Christin Baumgarten says:

Hey, thanks for reaching out. We are still testing and we had to move the launch date of exchange mail support to the end of January. Let us know if you would like to help us test.

• I would be very happy to be a tester.

• Christin Baumgarten says:

Thats great. Please send me an email to cb(at)getmailbird(dot)com and I will happily forward you to the point of contact. Have great day:-)

• I bought my license some weeks ago to ran into the problem, that there is no EWS support yet. I would appreciate to help you beta testing. Is it allowed to get in touch with you over the provided e-mail address?

• Christin Baumgarten says:

Hey Peri, Thanks for reaching out. Yes, please feel free to get in touch with me using the provided email. I will connect you with our developer for the testing. Thanks so much and have a great day.

• Ajit Pardeshi says:

end of December now, do you support Exchange?

• Christin Baumgarten says:

Hey Ajit, we don’t yet. Our Alpha is being released within the next 10 days and depending on the feedback from the testers then we will know the exact public release date. It will ideally be by the end of the month.

• Christin Baumgarten says:

We ran into a few bugs and therefore had to reschedule the launch to the end of December at the latest.

• I will gladly be a beta tester.

• Daria Zolotko says:

great! Then you’ll be soon able to use Mailbird with Exchange support 🙂

• Nice! I will wait then.

• Jason Pezzimenti says:

It still hasn’t been implemented. Can you give an ETA?

• Christin Baumgarten says:

Hey Jason, we ran into a few bugs and therefore had to reschedule the launch for exchange mail server support to the end of December at the latest.

• Jason Pezzimenti says:

When? I have already purchased a Pro license, and there is still no Exchange support. I’m disappointed. I won’t be using Mailbird until there is Exchange support, nor can I recommend it to anybody.

• yeah, I was hoping I stumbled onto an app that also featured Exchange Calendaring/Contacts..

• Mike Williams says:

JEEZUS CHRIST PEOPLE ALL YOUR DOING HERE IS COMPLAINING AND BITCHING ABOUT THIS EMAIL SOFTWARE. IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT WHY ARE YOU HERE? THERE’S A REASON WHY YOU STOPPED BY AND I’M SURE IT WASN’T JUST TO BITCH ABOUT AN EXCHANGE SYNC FEATURE! GO GET A LIFE FUCK FACES AND MOVE ON.

• As soon as you launch support, I’m switching. Until then, I can’t…

• Christin Baumgarten says:

We will be able to launch exchange mail support within the next few weeks. We will make sure to announce it on our social channels then:-) Have a great day:-)

• Thank you Christin, I eagerly await this release.

• Christin Baumgarten says:

Thanks and please let us know if you have any more questions that we can help with:-)

• Brent Ratliff says:

Actually no, my company disables IMAP on their Exchange server. Other clients like Airmail get around it by accessing it via Outlook Web Access like a browser.

• Thanks for the heads up. I almost installed this. 🙂

• Ian Howles says:

Hi, Can I run mailbird and outlook simultaneously? I have to use outlook for corporate account with DRM and calendar etc. But would like to have a second completely separate client running that has a separate set of mailboxes that are monitoring a number of personal accounts (hotmail / gmail / apple mail / ISP mail etc.). Are there any compatibility issues?

• Leonardo Ariadi Santoso says:

Hi Ian, You can run both of them at the same time, there shouldn’t be any compatibility issue. Sometime uou might experience some delay in incoming message either in Outlook or in Mailbird. This is because IMAp server can get easily crowded if a lot of email client is trying to connect to it at the same time

• Martijn Dekkers says:

You list MAPI support, but I couldn’t find it after installation. No syncing for Calendar and Contacts? No native Exchange support? No support for multiple shared mailboxes on Exchange, no Public Folder support? Mailbird looks awesome and I would love to use it, but it *isn’t* an Outlook replacement, not for users on Exchange, at least.

• Leonardo Ariadi Santoso says:

Hi Martjin, once you have add your account Mailbird you will be given an option to continue with the server settings that Mailbird has found, or you can edit it manually. If you edit it manually you can change the settings whether you want to use IMAP or POP3.
      Contact sync is coming in future update, as for Calendar, we now support Google and Sunrise Calendar.
      As for an Outlook alternative, Outlook is an email client, Mailbird is also an email client, which is what make us an alternative to outlook.

• Martijn Dekkers says:

Yeah, like I said: you claim MAPI support, and answer about POP3 or IMAP, neither of which are MAPI. No Native Exchange support, no Calendars, No Contacts. Outlook is an *Exchange* client first and foremost, and as such, you do not provide an alternative for that. Because I know how to play Soccer, that doesn’t make me an alternative to Maradonna….

• Riddlemethis says:

that makes sense.

that’s like saying an electric scooter is a vehicle and the scooter is an alternative to an RV, because a RV is also a vehicle.

• Leonardo Ariadi Santoso says:

Well you can of course look at it that scooter is a mean of transportation, RV is also a means of transportation, so yes they are an alternative to each other. On the other hand you could also say that scooter is a bike and RV is a car, so no they’re not an alternative to each other. I guess it’s how you look at things

• MAPI is a Microsoft proprietary technology for which Microsoft must license for use in other products by other software vendors. For example, Microsoft used to license the MAPI technology to Apple for use in Mac Mail but subsequently terminated that licensing agreement. Mac Mail now uses EWS (Exchange Web Services) to connect to and Exchange Server, whether that is an on-premise Exchange Server or Exchange Online, but EWS doesn’t provide the same features as MAPI. Microsoft are pushing people into buying Outlook by limiting implementations of MAPI by other software vendors.
      To say Mailbird is an Outlook replacement is true if you only POP3 or IMAP. If you need a MAPI client then Mailbird is not, and will never be, a viable alternative. If you want a MAPI client then Outlook is your only option.

• Naylin Appanna says:

Can I import my emails from outlook to mailbird? I can’t see how this is done.

• Riddlemethis says:

if it’s not mentioned, you can’t. even if you can, it’s likely limited to the 32 bit version. most people now run 64 bit windows.

• Dave Bristel says:

Most people still run 32 bit Microsoft Office, even on 64 bit Windows. The default download for Office is the 32 bit client, unless you know to intentionally download the 64 bit client. Microsoft also does not support in-place upgrading of Office from 32 bit to 64 bit(not hard to auto-uninstall as a function of installing the new client, but Microsoft doesn’t do it).

• Christin Baumgarten says:

Hey Dave, thanks for reaching out. First of all, Office uses a different technology than Mailbird, that doesn’t support mixing 32 and 64 bit in the same assembly. So, the installation of either 32 or 64bit will be done automatically based on your system. Please feel free to share more details on what exactly you are referring t, if that was not the questions you initially had.
          Thanks so much and have a great day:-)

• Leonardo Ariadi Santoso says:

Hi Naylin

We do not have import/export feature right now, but it;s already planned in our developer road map

• Riddlemethis says:

Sounds like an infomercial here. There is no mention of this app’s ability to import messages from specific email clients. such as windows live mail. this mailbird has a lot of bloatware that most people will never ever use.

As already echoed by other users, MB is not a replacement to Outlook.If people forked over the cash for Microsoft Office, it is illogical for them to switch to this email client. Mailbird sounds like It’s just “another” lame email application out there with no to little support that is resorted to this kind of tabloid advertising to get it’s name out there, and disappoint people in the process. who knows what kind of personal information they will keep or use once you install this app.

• Leonardo Ariadi Santoso says:

We appreciate your feedback and comment. As we see it, all email clients is an alternate to Outlook, Outlook does not equal to native exchange. But of course you are entitled to your own opinion about this

As for personal information that we keep, we already stated this in our privacy policy, not only that we even explained in our blog what the data that we keep and what they are use for. More over we also provide the options for users to opt out of this data collections. You can find all of this information in here

• Can I import outlook accounts (emails / passwords) and contacts to Mailbird?

• You say Outlook doesn’t have unified inbox… I have Outlook 2007 and around 22 different POP3 email accounts installed on that Outlook and all of those emails arrive in the same inbox (no configuration was needed for this unified inbox other than simply adding the 22 email accounts). Isn’t that exactly what unified inbox means? I checked with other versions of Outlook (for example 2013) and there you can also easily create an unified inbox (albeit differently than on outlook 2007). Mailbird seems like a great email software but comparison information should be correct; saying that Outlook doesn’t have an unified inbox is not true.

• outlook does a unified box but only with POP accounts not exchange/office 365 or IMAP accounts, Outlook places them way down the folder list and you have to check them separately….grrrrr

• I’ve always used Outlook, but became frustrated with it recently due to delays/issues with getting emails via IMAP. I decided to try MailBird and have been pleasantly surprised. I manage 6 email accounts via IMAP and previously had to click on each inbox individually in Outlook. Sometimes Outlook would not perform a send/receive properly until I actually clicked on the inbox (despite setting it to check for new mail every 2 minutes). The unified inbox in MailBird is fantastic and a time saver. Syncing mail in folders was also an issue with Outlook. It either took a long time or would be missing older emails (forcing me to log in to webmail to retrieve older messages). MailBird seems to handle this really well. The simplicity of the layout allows me to see so much more on my screen. The Google Calendar, Todoist, FaceBook, and Twitter integrated apps are also very convenient. For Google calendars, I previously used a third party program to sync calendars, but moving an appointment from one calendar to another was not possible (would have to delete and re-add). Since MailBird actually displays the Google calendar directly, it’s much easier to use with multiple calendars. I prefer the Google calendar for sharing reasons and synchronizing to other devices. I love that the contact manager app displays email history for a particular contact,…also a time saver. Conversation grouping is also nice. So, lots of pluses. Now for the negatives. There’s no setting to schedule how often to send/receive. It seems to pull in emails pretty quickly, so I’m not too worried about this yet. Secondly, there’s no way to sync contacts (with Google or with other devices),…hope to see that feature added soon. Lastly, when replying to an email in the unified inbox, it saves the sent message in a separate folder. It would be great to have that email saved in the sent folder within the particular email account thru which the message was sent. Overall, I do consider MailBird as a great replacement for Outlook. I’m not an enterprise user, so I can’t speak to that aspect of things. For how I previously used Outlook to manage multiple email accounts, calendars, and tasks, MailBird has overcome many of the frustrations/issues that I experienced with Outlook and is a great time saver.

I wish it can support Markdown !!!

I wish it can support Markdown !!!

• Would Mailbird be usable with CRM or PIM software packages? I have several friends who are active in network marketing programs, and such compatibility might be a deal-maker or deal-breaker for them! Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

• Richard Bourque says:

My company is looking for an Outlook replacement. I installed eM Client 7 and it worked perfectly first try. Even AirSync(Activesync) synced my calendars, contacts and tasks on the 2 accounts that I setup. I keep seeing ads for mailbird saying it’s better than eM Client and is an Outlook replacement. I have to argue with that. Without Contact, Calendar and Task synchronization for my user’s computers and cell phones it’s practically useless and isn’t a contender in my search for a true Outlook replacement at all.

• tropicaltech says:

Hi Richard, thanks for the feedback 🙂 We are working on Contacts Sync to give the existing contacts manager some extra boost. Currently we use Google Calendar and Sunrise Calendar integration. Have you tried it? What are you using for managing email on your mobile? Hope Mailbird is not a replica of Outlook, but rather an alternative email/communication/task management system. It does mean adjustment in the tools you use that are not fully hosted in the MS Office suite. Would love to hear what it is about Outlook that you are not satisfied with and why you are seeking a replacement for it? Look forward to hearing from you Richard! 🙂

• I am using WLM and I need to switch to Mailbird, which is not better than WLM. You cannot export your contact list and this is a big issue…

• I am using WLM but I need to switch to Mailbird which is not better than WLM. The big issue is that you cannot export your contact list or your personal calendar, two very important work tools!

• Mailbird admin are unable to answer the question, “how to export messages from Mailbird to Outlook or any other e mail client”. They state in this discussion that this is on their ‘to do’ list well over a year ago now yet nothing has happened. They still collect dosh for their full e mail system but do not seem to honour their promises!!! I am not impressed and will be changing as soon as I am able to transfer my folders and messages elsewhere.

• Christin Baumgarten says:

Hey, thanks for your feedback. There is no export feature in Mailbird. For exporting we would suggest you used the Import feature of the email client you want to use instead, Its a pity to see you leave, but we wish you all the best.

• Well that is fascinating Christin, you are able to answer a question that your team are not and do not respond to my replies on their helpline/online chat.
        Would you please let me have full details on how I may import my mesages and files from Mailbird to OE Classic and also to Windows Live Mail in case you say that it is not possible to complete the operation to OE Classic. Thank you.

• Christin Baumgarten says:

Hey, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I am not familiar with their import features and therefore not able to tell you how to import your messages from Mailbird to WLM or OE Classic. In this case, you should contact their support team, as they will be the ones to know their products best:-)

• Oh dear, that is a shame Christin. Would there be another within your organisation who could tell me how this is carried out. Alternatively are you now confirming that Mailbird does not have the option of messages being imported to any other e mail client. Surely you have a technical department or designated person to deal with any questions?????? This question has already been ignored by someone at Mailbird responding to e mail enquiries. I look forward to you answering my question. Would you also confirm your position within Mailbird please.

• Christin Baumgarten says:

Hey, The only workaround is to save emails in .eml format and then export them into another client. In this case unfortunately you’ll have to save every email. This is done by selecting the message in Mailbird and open the additional options by clicking on the small downward pointing triangle in the message’s header on the right. Then click on ‘Message source’. Now save this as a file somewhere on your computer. Let us know if that helped you.

• Thanks for a rapid response Christen. Have tried your suggestion but there is nothing on my dropdown menu that states ‘Message Source’ I have Reply; Forward; Print message; Print conversation; Speed read e mail; Find in message; Mark as unread; Mark as spam.
            Nothing else. Seems as if you may have another Mailbird that is not the same as mine!!!!

• Christin Baumgarten says:

Hey, are you using POP3 or IMAP? Also, what version are you using of Mailbird?

• Thanks for your reply Christin.
            Using the paid version as for yourother question please advise how I find this information out and I will let you know the answers as soon as you tell me.

• Christin Baumgarten says:

Hey, I think the easiest is really to get in touch wth our support about that. As it will be private messages and they will be able to help you more detailed. Please send them a ticket and give me the ticket number here. I will be able to fill them on our previous conversation. Have a great day.

• If you are there Christin, would there be any chance of a response from you. I am beginning to think that you are able to provide details of how to import messages and folders from Mailbird to any other e mail clients. Whilst writing, why is it not posible to have read receipts for messages sent and also why is it we are unable to see the properties of incoming mail????? Have I found some more failings in Mailbird????

• Pinko of the Grange says:

It is isn’t; there is no way to sort your in box other than by date. Glad I didn’t pay for pro.

• Mailbird has some great features, but it needs Markdown support.

If it had Markdown support it would be my email client of choice.

• Mailbird would be my email client of choice, if only it had Markdown support.

• Does Mailbird enable me to use my diigital certificates and sign outgoing emails?

• It’s not the best at anything. There is no export, no drag and drop between mailboxes, and if you have trouble with your IMAP account, you can do nothing to fix it. Complete waste of time this is – choose anything but this!

• Christin Baumgarten says:

Hey David, its a pity you feel this way. Please help us understand, what would you like to export? Emails or contacts? The drag and drop works between folders and not email accounts, thats correct as they would need to be moved between email provider (IMAP). Therefore it is not being implemented by a lot clients as it is quite complicated. Regarding the issues you were facing, I would like to ask you to send more details to [email protected] and we will help you fix it as fast as we can. Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for reaching out.

• Los Pachucos says:

Please, someone save me! I am a certified, licensed, and insured digital forensic s examiner who has been to court on cases from child custody to capital murder. I have worked with computers since the days of DOS 3.1 and PRODOS. I can take a bad guy’s/girl’s computer and suck enough evidence out of kit to send that person to prison. But I am here to tell you that Outlook 2016 is the end of the evolutionary chain because it is such a bloated, complicated, confusing, slow, non-intuitive, and constantly decomposing app that, before too long, will certainly implode and disappear from the face of this earth. I hope and pray it does anyway.

In June of 2017 what would be the best replacement for a guy with 4 workstations, all in house, that only wants to use and sync email, calendars, and tasks for four email accounts all used an managed by one person?

Thnak you God and thank you fellow human beings. I will rest easier now…

Hasta manyana,

Mike

• Does mailbird now support Exchange/Office365 ActiveSync?

• Tim D'Antonio says:

Hi, I’m a single user with Outlook sync problems (constant syncronization of folders) are the calendar and contact features an addtional cost?

• Christin Baumgarten says:

Hey Tim, thanks for reaching. The calendar and contact management feature are at no additional cost in Mailbird. Please let us know what specific features you are looking for so we can ensure we have what you need:-)

• Sharon Duggan says:

Can anybody tell me if I can configure Mailbird to NOT delete mails on my Gmail website when I delete them on mailbird?

• Christin Baumgarten says:

Hey Sharon, no that is not possible. If you would like to move your mails out of the inbox without deleting them, archiving is the best option for you. Let us know if that works for you:-)

• Dave Bristel says:

The nature of IMAP is that you sync your mail across multiple devices. You delete from one, you SHOULD mean to delete from all.

• can i use exchange with mailbird pro[

• Christin Baumgarten says:

Hey Bob, you will be able to use Exchange mail server support by the end of this quarter…so very very soon:-)

• Hi there, i have 3 questions:
    1. is the Exchangefeature finally released
    2. is it possible to run mailbird on an Terminalserver
    3. is it then licensed per named User ?
    thx in advance Werner

• iwan alRahmaan says:

Hi Werner,

Thanks for using Mailbird. My name is Bagik, I’m one of the customer happiness agents in Mailbird. Let me answer your questions.

1. Not yet, Our engineering team still developing it. I don’t have the ETA when it will be released to the public but they are doing their best to make it happen soon. 🙂
      2. I’m afraid this is not possible.
      3. Yes, you are right. We charged Mailbird license per person, not per device. You can activate one license on as many devices as you want as long as you do not share your license key with anyone else.

• Is Exchange support available now? I have a lifetime licence that I have not been able to use in all my lifetime with Mailbird because of this! I think that is the meaning of “lifetime” license with Mailbird…. wait for ever with only a vague launch date for Exchange support!

• iwan alRahmaan says:

Hi Victor,

I’m afraid not yet. I’m really sorry for the inconvenience. Our engineering team still developing it. I don’t have the ETA when it will be released to the public but they are doing their best to make it happen soon. 🙂

• Dave Bristel says:

Current estimate is end of Januray, 2018 at this point.

• I am looking for an email client that looks as similar as possible like Outlook but is faster and more lightweight and only handles IMAP and no other features. Can you give me an advice?

• Dave Bristel says:

Mailbird will do the job if your e-mail account supports IMAP. I wouldn’t say it is “similar”, because being lightweight also means it is cleaner in most ways. I really like Mailbird, and since you can use it for free with one account, and get pro for one month if you have more accounts, it is worth trying out. For those looking for a free e-mail program, I’ve been encouraging people to give it a try to see if it meets their needs. It also supports migration from Windows Live Mail, which is helpful when migrating people from Windows 7 and not wanting them to get stuck with a mail client that can’t even be downloaded from the official source(Microsoft took down the download for Windows Live Mail).

• Jerrod Hoaas says:

whens that exchange support coming? I see it was mentioned a few months ago that it would be a few weeks, but i just purchased today, and i still cannot add my exchange account, and accessing it through SMTP doesnt allow my contacts to work.

• Hey Jerrod. As I saw in a post from christin, they are alpha testing the functionality. I’m waiting to for a release or beta invite. Bought my license early december and waiting for any news about the progress. I’ve get a dev contact from christin but I don’t wanna bother them. I think they should implement the solution first and this takes some time.

• Christin Baumgarten says:

Hey Jerrod, thanks for reaching out and @disqus_hxg2ozNrtH:disqus thanks for helping provide the fastest answer. We are still test the mail exchange support and will ideally release it within the next few weeks. It really won’t take too long anymore. We will keep you updated via in app notifications and/or social media. @Peri I think there are currently enough testers. But please feel free to reach out should you be interested to join our group of testers for our Android App. Have a great start to the week and all the best:-)