Mailbird’s new Slack app integration brings chat to your inbox
Activating the Slack app in Mailbird is easy.
- Click the “…” menu at the bottom of the Mailbird sidebar.
- Next, click the slider in the Slack widget to turn it “on”.
- You will see the Slack icon show up in the bottom of your sidebar along with any other apps you’ve activated.
- Click it, and you will find instructions on how to sign in to your Slack account.
Using the Slack app sidebar
To activate the Slack sidebar in your Mailbird client:
- Open any inbox by clicking on the account icon in the sidebar.
- If your sidebar is not expanded already, click the “<” symbol at the top right of the Mailbird client:
- To open Slack in your sidebar, hover over the “…” symbol to see all the activated apps with sidebars:
- Click the Slack symbol and you are all set.
Why we chose to add the Slack app to Mailbird
Slack is a great tool for teams. It allows channel members to communicate more quickly, share documents, and has dozens of amazing bots to automate a score of things that email just can’t.
The Mailbird team has been using slack for awhile now, and we realized two important things in the process:
- Although it can cut down on email between team members, Slack cannot completely replace it.
- Using Slack required yet another app or window that we had to juggle.
For these reasons, it made perfect sense to bring this team communication app into the Mailbird interface. Now, we can have both tools open on the same platform!
Are you a Slack app user?
We’d love to hear your experience with the new app integration. We are continuing to work on improving it, but we’d appreciate any feedback you have on this awesome new feature.