As you know, all of us at Mailbird are so fortunate to be able to work with a wonderfully international team from around the world, and we are mega excited to announce the first Mailbird Hackathon 2014!!
Why should you care?
Because this is a really special time where all of our team members come together at the Startup Getaway (a Startup Studio by Livit) to put in long hours coding, planning, developing and prepping the next big things to come for Mailbird. With intense collaboration, we’ll be working around the clock just for you guys.
What we are getting done:
1) Fine tuning the contacts manager with the new Mailbird 2.0 design
2) Designing and developing final versions of a beautiful and productivity packed Mailbird 2.0, you are seriously going to love it!
3) A new licensing system making it much easier activate and set up your Pro account, it will no longer be associated with the email you used when going Pro. Also, it will handle subscriptions like a charm.
4) Switching from Awesomium to Chromium Embedded Framework (means better message handling, speed and more apps to integrate)
5) A super handy, brand new notification center helping you get the most out of Mailbird
6) Snooze feature as an early part of Wingman
7) A snazzy new website to launch with Mailbird 2.0
8) Educating others just like you, about how Mailbird can help you manage email better and free up more of your precious time so you can focus on the important stuff. Stay tuned for Hackathon progress updates on our blog!
9) Finally, Mailbird is HIRING! Join our team, have a blast, learn a lot and be a part of our big vision to build the world’s best email solution that is highly secure, fast and innovative. We are looking for an experienced Senior C# back end developer here are the details, please share. We are simply looking for someone who rocks at coding – because building an email client is no easy feat.
Are you ready?
Get ready, because the Mailbird Hackathon commences Wednesday October 22, 2014 and ends Sunday November 23, 2014. It’s going to be epic.
If you have any special wishes or requests that you would like us to work on please do let us know by visiting our feature request page or by emailing [email protected]. We are here to listen and make Mailbird really awesome for you.
Finally, we just want to tell you how much you rock!
From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you for choosing Mailbird. Thank you for giving us your vote of confidence in delivering a beautiful, fast, secure, highly productive and innovative email platform to the world.
Read about first week Hackathon updates –> Here
Read about second week Hackathon updates –> Here
Read about third week Hackathon updates –> Here
Read about fourth week Hackathon updates –> Here