Mailbird’s New Year’s Resolutions and Updates

Posted by Christin on January 5, 2018

Happy 2018!

This year will be nothing short of great new feature and product releases.  So we thought we’d share our Mailbird 2018 new years resolutions with you.

1. Mailbird for Android

We cannot wait to finally release the first test version of Mailbird for Android. It will be within the second quarter of 2018. Once released, our carefully selected group of testers will get to work to help us squash any bugs, so nothing stands in the way of making Mailbird for Android a wonderful experience for everyone.

Do you want to help us test Mailbird for Android? You can become a tester by simply sending “Put me on the list” to [email protected].

Once every single bug has been found and crushed, we will release Mailbird for Android with a surprise BANG. Everyone on Android will finally have the unified experience of managing their email across devices, the Mailbird-way.

[*September 17, 2018 UPDATE*]

We’ve realigned some new priorities for developing Mailbird as the best email solution for businesses. With that being said, Android is still coming, but has been shifted to 2019. In the meantime we are continuously innovating Mailbird for business, serving thousands of businesses around the world today already! Check out our business page to learn more about the great benefits of choosing Mailbird for your email communications and collaboration with the world. Key element, is cost saving for many companies that choose to be cost conscious and effective with their tools and services used to operate. Mailbird is becoming the go to solution for businesses across industries and we are so excited about it as we continue to learn from our business customers.

First Mailbird for Android demonstration during Bali Hackathon 2017

2. The Mailbird Family

Our family keeps growing every year. We are proud and thankful for every great mind that joins us from around the world. Let’s have a look at the Mailbird Rockstars that  joined our team in 2017:

Scott

Vice President of Customer Development

Scott is responsible for overall strategy and execution of customer success, developing, executing and managing an international channel partner program, growing into B2B market segments, managing customer accounts and relationships and cultivating new clients across a variety of industries. In the end, Scott is here to ensure you as a Mailbird customer is successful.

Roland

Senior Tech Lead

The guy leading the development milestones and innovations with superior attention to detail as the right hand man to our CTO.

Our team will continue to grow in 2018 considering all exciting changes and features coming.

Would you like to join our team? Even if we are not looking for anyone right now, feel free to reach out to Dasha ([email protected]ailbird.com). She will make sure to send your CV to the person in charge. We are looking forward to working with you and for you to be a part of the best team ever!

Unfortunately, we will have to say goodbye to one of our Mailbird family members in the beginning of this year. Daniel our UX designer has pursued new ventures. We will surely miss him and wish him all the very best.

3. New Website with Bitpay Payment Options

Within the first quarter of 2018 we will present you our brand new website. The website will be a lot easier for you to browse through and find answers to possible questions you may have. It will clearly distinguish between Mailbird for consumers and Mailbird for Business.

Businesses can choose the new and improved “Business Essential” or “Business” plan. Stay tuned for the details on our up and coming new website.

Are you looking to purchase multiple Mailbird licences for your business and still have questions? Please get in touch with Scott via email or give him a call at  +1 (910) 477 8030.

With the boom of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology thriving, we are jumping on board with the option to pay for Mailbird Pro with Bitpay payment services. Yes, that’s right, you’ll be able to get Mailbird Pro with your Bitcoins!

[*September 17, 2018 UPDATE*]

It’s ready! You can now pay for Mailbird with your Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash with the addition of Bitpay that allows you to pay with either of these crypto currencies. Exciting, as we’ve already seen some great interest for this around the world as a great payment solution for people who prefer decentralized and secure payment methods, or who don’t have a bank account or who simply like to have the option for payment outside of traditional online payment systems. This is awesome. If you have always wanted to go Mailbird Pro or Mailbird Pro Lifetime, but were not certain of using your bank cards or Paypal accounts, try the Bitpay payment option today on our pricing page HERE. Let’s celebrate together, Mailbird as yet another awesome tool used globally by millions, a business and service for unified email and productivity collaboration that accepts Bitcoin and Bitcoin cash. A company that supports and accepts crypto payments.

4. Exchange Mail Support

We are currently in the middle of testing Exchange Mail Support. We are aiming to launch Exchange Mail Support in Q1 of 2018. After that we will continue the full suite of Exchange Support with contacts and calendar to follow.

5. Features on the Roadmap

2018 will be a feature packed year for Mailbird. Along with new releases, we will be working on these long awaited features:

1. Native calendar with Exchange Support
  2. Advanced Search
  3. Rules and Filters
  4. Mailbird 3.0

Don’t have Mailbird yet? Give it a try now.

Get Mailbird Free

We are eager to get these features out asap, and most importantly, for your feedback on them! Your support and feedback got us to where we are right now.

We are grateful for so many of you who helped us along the way. Thanks to all of you, our amazing Mailbird users that have participated in the Mailbird Referral Program. You’ve helped more people discover an incredible unified email application, with a team behind this software that really cares.

If you haven’t participated in the Mailbird Referral Program, now would be an awesome time to do so! Whenever you want to tell your friends and/or family about your favorite email client, you and your friends also earn Mailbird Pro for free.

Questions or Suggestions?

Please shoot us an email or leave us a note in the comment section.

You might also like...

32 thoughts on "Mailbird’s New Year’s Resolutions and Updates"

• This year promises to be really amazing. Finally, I will see the function that I have been waiting for years. I hope you keep your promises.

• Mario Shadbox says:

Add canned responses!

• Regarding the roadmap, I cannot see any plans for CardDav and CalDav support! Sadly because Exchange support is mainly for business users but not for the mass of us consumers…

• Christin Baumgarten says:

Hey Michael, thanks for reaching out. Yes, that is correct as the demand for CardDav and CalDav is very low compared to Exchange. That does not mean we wont add it at some point. Have a great day. 🙂

• Fede Lombardi says:

I hope also for a more fluid mouse scrolling!!

• Christin Baumgarten says:

Thanks for your feedback. This usually depends on the amount of emails people have in their inbox. The more emails there are, the mouse might become a bit laggy.
      Thanks for reaching out, we really appreciate it.:-)

• davut calıskan says:

I like Mailbird Please support e-mail account backup and restore! 🙂

• Purchased Mailbird on magazine recommendation – having used it for over 6 months I am giving up on it and going to purchase Outlook. Without the rules facility Mailbird is of no use to me. I have invoices from many suppliers come via email and need them to be separated into their own folder also need to sort emails fromantic the organisations I’m a member of. I can’t quite believe I’ve put up with it for so long. Also the fact that I delete an email on my tablet also deletes it on the office PC is also an irritation – I believe there is a work round for this but I don’t want to have to sort a system I’ve paid for.
    Overall I’m not at all impressed with Mailbird

• Christin Baumgarten says:

Thanks for your feedback John. We are sorry to hear your are not happy with Mailbird. Rules and Filters as well as Sorting are on the roadmap. We hope to release those before the end of the year. Maybe Mailbird is then more useful to you. Please do feel free to contact our support(at)getmailbird(dot)com for different workaround questions. Thanks again for your feedback. Have a great weekend.

• Darshana Hawks says:

Will Mac OS be supported in the future? I would love to sync mailbird across all my devices.

• Christin Baumgarten says:

Hey Darshana, thanks for your comment:-) We are working on an Android version at the moment. Depending on the progress there we might be able to start on a Mac version next year:-) It is on the roadmap but not sure when yet. Have a great weekend:-)

• Mike Nelson says:

Not there yet but getting there! The good design shows promise for the future.

• Christin Baumgarten says:

Thanks for your feedback Mike:-) Let us know what is missing for you to make it complete. We always appreciate feedback. Thanks so much.

• i like the way the program can put gmail and regular email in the same mailbird program.( wonderful.) still trying to figure how to get the address book from outlook to maibird .

• RobBlowUpTheWorld says:

Which quarter of 2018 will see spam filtering and a ‘safe list only’ option? Windows 10 Mail is rubbish so I bought Mailbird but it only lasted a day because I can’t use it without this basic necessity. Now I use Thunderbird.

• I keep trying MailBird every once in a while to see if it has grown and evolved enough for me to like it, but sadly the key issues for me remain as usual. Limited layout options, inability to sort incoming mail via rules, and most importantly still no REAL calendar. If I wanted to use the unsightly Google calendar interface in the first place, I would just login to Google and use it. So I see little benefit of using MailBird because it just links to the same old unsightly Google calendar webpage!
    I keep hoping one day MailBird will be for me. Maybe, one day…

• Christin Baumgarten says:

Hi, thanks for reaching out and for your feedback. I’d say you will definitely like the releases coming this year. Maybe check in at the beginning of Q3 again to see the new features that have been released until then.
      Have a great Friday and please feel free to keep reach out again.

• James Kaudewitz says:

Yay! Exchange support coming! It’s only reason i still have windows mail also running on my laptop. Overall I really like the program.

I would love to see even more app addons in the future get added. With hangouts, whats app, keep, and calendar all synced in, Mailbird is becoming more like a WebPigeon for me. I communicate with most people through it.

App suggestions:
    – an open-source weather app
    – google play music
    – amazon?

I think pretty soon i just won’t open other apps, haha

• Christin Baumgarten says:

Hey James, Thanks so much for your feedback, we really appreciate it. Yes, that would be our goal, to unify everything so you don’t have to open any other Apps anymore:-) Please feel free to add your suggestions to our feature requests too. That helps us prioritising future development steps. You can use the following link: https://support.getmailbird.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
      Have a great Friday and even better weekend:-)

• Used to use Mailbird way back in 1.6 days, unfortunately eventually had to switch to eM Client b/c Exchange support. Looks like a lot of people don’t like Mailbird because it’s lacking some more powerful features, but for me no other Windows email client matches its ease of use, polished design, and performance. Please hurry and add Exchange support, I’ve been waiting to be able to use Mailbird again for a year now!

• Christin Baumgarten says:

Thanks for reaching out:-) We are doing our best to release Exchange Mail support asap. Ideally we will be able to release it within the next week or two. Exchange for Calendar and Contacts will follow shortly after that. Once we released it, we will announce it on all social channels as well as in our newsletter. Thanks again for reaching out and we hope to see you back soon.

• Jerry Stephens says:

A unified inbox is great, but what about unified folders? I get email to three different accounts about the same topic. It would be nice to store all of them in a unified folder rather than having to have a separate folder under all three accounts.

Let me (again) add my vote for a very early release of the rules & sort features. Those omissions killed my previous attempt to migrate to MB, if they don’t show up soon, they might also kill this one.

• Christin Baumgarten says:

Thanks for reaching out Jerry. We are trying our best to make Mailbird the perfect email tool for you:-) It is indeed on the roadmap and we are hoping to work on rules&filters before the end of the year:-)

• Jerry Stephens says:

Thanks Christin. But with all due respect, this seems to be MB’s response to everything. ‘Thanks, we’re working on making MB perfect and it will eventually get here.’ But ‘eventually’ seems to be continually slipping further into the future. A year ago I was told ‘very soon’. In an earlier post someone from MB said 2018Q2, now you’re saying ‘before the end of the year’.

I understand (and sincerely appreciate) that your team is working diligently, but for those of us out here, these constantly slipping roll out dates are very, very frustrating. It is costing us productivity. And frankly, many of us are working on a very tight time margin. The cumulative impact of dozens of small slowdowns is like the proverbial lingchi (death by a thousand cuts).

One thing I will say, you’re all very polite about it! And that counts for something. Just … please hurry!

• Christin Baumgarten says:

Thanks for your feedback Jerry and I understand how it can look confusing to the outside. To be super honest, we have rules and filters on the roadmap to be released in Q2 of 2018. Taken from experience there can always be something that gets in the way of releasing it on the set dates. That’s why we tend to communicate the release dates already with some kind of buffer as we don’t want people to get angry. I can guaranty you it is on the roadmap and if everything works out the way we planned it, it will be released in Q2:-)
          Thanks again for taking the time to reach out, we really do appreciate it:-)
          Have a great rest of the week and please get in touch in case of any more questions you may have:-)

• Jerry Stephens says:

Thanks. That is really helpful…and reassuring…to know.

Any idea if unified folders is in the works?

• Christin Baumgarten says:

Hey Jerry, thanks:-)
            Regarding unified folders, would you mind sharing some more details on what exactly you are referring to? Do you mean like in smart folders or more like local folders? Let me know:-)
            Have a great day and talk soon:-)